Monday, October 03, 2011

Yet an other Sampler Cardigan!

...and this one isn't even green!

I got this pattern from Ewe & I Originals (and several others) at the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet show. Sadly, it looks like the designers have closed up shop, so I don't think their patterns are available anymore. It's a shame, as I really like their designs (keep an eye out, as there are more to come!).

I'm using some well aged stash... so aged in fact, that it's not labeled. That doesn't mean I don't know what it is. Not only do I know what it is, I know what I bought it for. I got this from Black Water Abbey many years ago (remember when Stitches East was in Valley Forge?) So yes, this lovely gray heather is a BWA yarn bought to knit Matt a pullover vest. However, I'm pretty sure Matt will not like the yarn (it's a very natural wool... not soft enough for his sensitive constitution) and it's EXACTLY what I wanted to knit this cardigan in.

However... Matt wears a small. I do not. This is a cardigan and I bought the yarn to make a vest. See where I am going with this? I knew I was going to be short on yardage. Even the pattern told me I was going to need more. I've been hoping that between my short arms and the lack of finishing requirements, I would have enough yarn.

Since these photos were taken, I've picked up the stitches for the first sleeve and I'm halfway down. I'm not even thru my next to last skein. I'm feeling pretty optimistic at this point that I can get thru it. I figure I can always use a different yarn to seam it, but even if I do need an other skein, I think I can get away with it a different dye lot. The way the button band is done, an off dye lot will look like a design element.


Oh, and yes, Blogger made some changes and I've been playing a bit with my layout. Probably will play some more, but I think this is my favorite so far.

2 comments:

  1. Cindy, there is now A BWA Ravelry gooup. Join if you have not already done so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:24 PM

    Love the cardigan. I can't wait to see it finished. I also have 2 sweaters worth of older Black Water Abbey yarn in my stash. -Amie

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.