Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hey Cara Mia!


I'm pretty pleased with the final results of this project. Apart from my massive weight gain over the last 6 months, I think it looks not half bad on me.

Project Stats:

Pattern: Hey Teach

Yarn: TLC Cara Mia (discontinued) in Aqua

Changes to the pattern: I made long sleeves. I lengthened the skirt 4". I only put buttons on the lace bodice (and in retrospect, not sure I would do that again. This one might have worked better with buttons all the way down the front). I added selvedge stitches (two of the sizes on the pattern have you work the lace pattern on the selvedge). I did this by increasing 2 stitches on the last row of the waist ribbing.

Problems with the pattern: only the lack of selvedge stitches for those two sizes... and that's just because I don't like dealing with the decreases when seaming or picking up stitches. It can be done (as I did it with my first one).

Overall impressions: again, I love this pattern. It works up so fast and I love how it looks. The yarn is one of my faves. It's soft and cozy. I wear my other two sweaters in this yarn ALL the time around the house. This one will get a lot of wear, that's for sure! The weight gain is annoying me, and I'm not thrilled with how I look in the photos, but that's not the cardigan's fault.



So that's project number 5 for 2009. Knew this would be an instant gratification project (and that's with a longer body and long sleeves! Think I can get one more project done before the end of March???

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:01 PM

    It looks great on you! I have the same weight issues, and find I'm knitting lace because it fits! This is the real world, and more than half of the world isn't "perfect". You and your sweater both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Cindy! you can do it-- there's still 5-6 days in March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara Mia looks really great. Such a nice color, too, and I really like the long sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda (aranknitwit)12:08 PM

    I love the way you redesigned the pattern. The sweater looks great, and so do you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Do you think it would work to make the whole body lace?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.