Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Falling Behind Schedule

March is almost over... and to reach my 24 projects this year, I have to finish two projects by the end of the month (to average 2 a month). Hmmm... at least one will be fninshed:


The sleeves for Hey Cara Mia are done and blocking (which is why the color seems wonky.). The body is done, and ready for me to do the neck ribbing and buttonbands (I blocked the fronts and back while working on the sleeves).

First, let me say I love this yarn. I'm thrilled with out it worked with this pattern. Which I also just love. I think my math worked for the long sleeves and I'm glad I lengthened the body. This is very different from my first Hey Teach.

Oddly, considering this is the third time I've knit it... I would not hesitate to knit it again. Very weird. I don't usually have that kind of attention span. However, I find the pattern to be fun and fast, and with some tweaking and different yarns, the finished projects can be quite unique.

I'm also working on an other fun and fast project. I'm naming it Lateralis (after the Tool song).


I used the Random Stripe Generator (which is fun to just play with) to generate my stripe pattern. I selected Fibonacci numbers (hence the reference to Lateralis) and 16 colors. The yarn is from the Elann Summer Sampler Packs (one green pack and one neutral pack). I'm working the cardigan top down with eyelet increases for the raglan shaping. I'll make short cap sleeves and I'll do some waist shaping.

I'm past splitting for the armholes and I'm finding that constantly changing yarns is keeping me interested. Quite a fun little knit. However, I don't think I'll have it done by the end of March. Meaning I'll have to have 3 projects finished in April! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.