Thursday, November 04, 2010

Comfort Zone


The TLC Ribby is done. I'm glad I decided to drop the scoop and re-do the yoke. This will be a lot more comfy for me. Plus, it's finished (no more debating on how to do the too deep scoop/fake double layer).

Let's do some project stat's, eh?

Pattern: Ribby Pulli by chicknits (this is my 4th finished one, I believe)

Yarn: TLC Cotton Plus

Problems with the pattern: I found the scoop to be way too low for me, but I am short (I also have to shorten the sleeves about 6")

Changes to the pattern: I did a fake double layer on the sleeves. I was afraid that I wouldn't have enough of the multi to do the long sleeves, and figured this was a good way to save some yardage. The bonus is that the multi colored yarn did that icky color stacking spiral thing (which I personally hate), so doing the white sleeves ended up having an additional advantage. Used a 2X2 ribbed mock turtleneck.

Overall impressions: since I'm feeling a little frumpy right now, I won't judge that aspect on the sweater right now. I will say that I love the idea of the fake double layer sleeves. The yarn is soft (and did I mention easy care???) and it's a comfy fit. Perfect for what I wanted.

So it's done... and I can move on. I'll get a lot of wear out of this, especially on cooler days (too warm for a wool sweater, yet too cool for just a long sleeve tee).

hmmmm.... that also means I have a set of empty knitting needles, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.