Thursday, November 04, 2010

Comfort Zone

The TLC Ribby is done. I'm glad I decided to drop the scoop and re-do the yoke. This will be a lot more comfy for me. Plus, it's finished (no more debating on how to do the too deep scoop/fake double layer).

Let's do some project stat's, eh?

Pattern: Ribby Pulli by chicknits (this is my 4th finished one, I believe)

Yarn: TLC Cotton Plus

Problems with the pattern: I found the scoop to be way too low for me, but I am short (I also have to shorten the sleeves about 6")

Changes to the pattern: I did a fake double layer on the sleeves. I was afraid that I wouldn't have enough of the multi to do the long sleeves, and figured this was a good way to save some yardage. The bonus is that the multi colored yarn did that icky color stacking spiral thing (which I personally hate), so doing the white sleeves ended up having an additional advantage. Used a 2X2 ribbed mock turtleneck.

Overall impressions: since I'm feeling a little frumpy right now, I won't judge that aspect on the sweater right now. I will say that I love the idea of the fake double layer sleeves. The yarn is soft (and did I mention easy care???) and it's a comfy fit. Perfect for what I wanted.

So it's done... and I can move on. I'll get a lot of wear out of this, especially on cooler days (too warm for a wool sweater, yet too cool for just a long sleeve tee).

hmmmm.... that also means I have a set of empty knitting needles, doesn't it?


Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.