Thursday, December 02, 2010

No Earflaps Today!

Here's my latest procrastination project:


It's not blocked yet, and I just did a quick photo (which does NOT do it justice, to say the least). However, I LOVE it! Shall we do some project stats?

Pattern: Mondo Cable Pulli by Chic Knits

Yarn: Brooks Farm Riato

Problems with the pattern: it's a Chic Knits, so no.

Changes to the pattern: I did a little tweeking. I lenthened the body so it hits me mid-hip rather than at the waist, meaning I added an extra cable cross. I did a 2X2 ribbing (except over the cable, where I did a 4X2). I also changed the neckband so my grafting is on the center back (my grafting skills are better suited to the back).

Overall impressions: I LOVE it. The yarn is scrumptious (wool/mohair/silk) with the perfect amount of halo. The color variation is subtle and interesting. The pattern was just what I wanted (perfect to balance the high concentration of the fair isle chullo). Yes, I have 2 more Mondo pulli's planned! Like the Ribby, this will be a staple pattern where a different yarn will give me a very different sweater.

I'm very tempted to cast on an other one right now (thus avoiding a second earflap)

1 comment:

  1. pretty sweater!

    I can do you one better on the polar chullo....I ended up going through my WIPs and frogging my chullo. I just wasn't happy with how I did the ear flaps and have decided when I re-knit I'll do them as discussed earlier (like toe-up socks) so the inside doesn't show.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.