(of course it's a krappy, cloudy day for a photoshoot)
I'm calling this done... even without buttons. Don't know when I'll trek up to Joann's, but I want the perfect buttons for this.
So overall, I'm giving it a thumbs up. It's a wee bit snugger around my bottom section than I want... but that's on me, not the sweater. Let's do some project stats, eh?
Pattern: Ribby Pulli by chicknits (are you seeing a theme here?)
Yarn: Knitpicks Bare worsted hand dyed with food grade dyes (ie: Kool Aid and Paaz)
Problems with the pattern: there's a reason I make so many Chicknits patterns. They are reliable (once I remember to shorten sleeves 4").
Changes to the pattern: well, obviously I changed it to a cardigan. All I did was not join it, worked the pattern back and forth. I added a 5" 2X2 ribbed collar and a 2X2 ribbed button band. As I knew that I would want the extra ease, I did no math change for the buttonband. So my front is 1-1/2" wider than the back.
Overall impressions: this will get a lot of wear. While it's a little snug over my back end, I simply won't button it for the time being. I might tack up the cuffed sleeves, as they want to fall down. I'm very pleased with how the yarn knit up... not only with my own dyeing, but as an actual yarn. The yarn is quite soft, yet it has lovely stitch definition. (I used Knitpicks Wool of the Andes before and loved it, so I'm not surprised that the Bare version of the yarn is quite lovely). Of course, I love the pattern. The side ribbing is just enough interest, not only in the knitting, but in the wearing. I love how the hand dyed yarn looks going from the solid st. st. to the side ribbing.