Monday, August 17, 2009

My Granny Is Scrappy


With plenty of white yarn to finish the simple border, the granny afghan is complete. Let's do some project details, shall we?

Pattern: basic 4 round granny square

Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby in 8 colors, plus white

Hook: G/6.0mm

Specifics: Each square is 3 rounds of random colors with the 4th round done in white. There's 15 rows of 20 blocks for a total of 300 squares. The border is just one round of crab stitch (reverse single crochet).

Overall impressions: This is one of my favorite baby yarns, so when they expanded the color palette with some brighter colors, I thought this would be perfect. It is. The afghan is a nice size, the dk weight is light and the baby yarn is nice and soft. I did no formal planning on colors or layout... tried to not put too similar colors near each other, but didn't kill myself. I can't say enough how thrilled I am.


My only complaint: it did sort of suck a lot of time, making my goal of 24 finished projects for 2009 waaaay behind schedule. I might have to re-evaluate the sock thing...

7 comments:

  1. I love it Cindy! And the colors are beautiful. I might actually have to make one. Or at least buy the yarn to start one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! Congratulations on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh pretty! I want to come pet it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! It's neat to see a granny in white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it looks just perfect and the white is the right thing to make all those bright colors show up too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should be thrilled! It's absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.