Sunday, March 15, 2009

uh... Yay?


A completed pair of socks. I guess I should do project stats?

Pattern: Charade Socks by Sandra Park (no relation... most likely). Oh, and that's a Ravelry link, btw.

Yarn: Socks that Rock by Blue Moon Fiber, Puck's Mischief maybe? love in Idleness.

Changes to the pattern: afterthought heel (it's the only heel that I like... doesn't change the color pooling, and I like the way it fits better than a heel flap)

Overall Impressions: Love the pattern... it's the kind of sock knitting that could convert me to being a sock knitter: easy without being boring. Perfect for with the hand dyed yarns. The yarn is okay. At least this colorway didn't pool (which I can't say for my County Clare colorway... it's an UGH for socks). I don't think I love the STR line of sock yarn. It's a little thick (even tho' it's the lightweight sock yarn) and I've had a lot of issues with pooling for most of the colors that I've tried.

I used the Knitpicks metal dpn's, and that made a huge difference. Might be an other contributing factor for me to knit socks. I don't like to knit with wooden needles, and I enjoyed using the Knitpicks.

I still think the biggest drawback for me and sock knitting is the wearing aspect. While I have wide/short feet (they go with the rest of my body), I really prefer good ol' cotton socks (I buy boys socks... women's socks are simply too big and girl sizes too narrow).

Here's a close up of the pattern stitch and my afterthought heel (which I can't recommend enough... no funky color changes at the heel/foot area). Oh, and a fairly decent color representation:



Ya, so that was a nice distraction. I have been knitting on other things, but just a little here and there with not a lot of progress on anything. I'm in a video game cycle right now, as I just don't seem to have good knitting mojo. I'll update project progress later this week.

1 comment:

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.