Thursday, May 01, 2008

Huge Thumbs Up

Mr. Greenjeans in Moda Dea Visions
click to enlarge

Still a little damp (especially on the ribbing), but close enough to get some buttons on it and a little photo shoot. All I can say is that this will get a lot of wear this coming fall/winter season. Here's the back:

Mr. Greenjeans Back View
click to enlarge

oh ya baby, that's some back! Works well with my sweatpants too, eh?

Project Stats:

Pattern: Mr. Greenjeans by Amy Swenson
Yarn: Moda Dea's Vision in color Karma (impossible to photograph, but lovely in person)
Changes to the pattern: gauge change. I was getting 4 sts to an inch rather than the 4.5 sts per the pattern. Easily calculated. I also decided to add buttons all the way down the front (giving me the option of just buttoning the top one or all the way down the front).
Problems with the pattern: None at all. Actually this was one of the clearest, well written patterns I've ever used. If you are considering your first sweater, this is an excellent choice.
Overall Impressions: A big assed thumbs up on this. The yarn was nice to work with, the self striping is subtle and lovely. I love the fit of the finished sweater and I know I'll be wearing this a lot when the weather gets chilly again.

I think I'm happiest with the fit. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the fit, based on some I had seen on Ravelry and the actual pattern photo (the sleeves seemed a little too dolman styled for me), but I think the fit is one of the favorite things on this. I think it's shapely on me without emphasizing my large bust. Not so easy to do with my figure.

Okay, now I'll concentrate on Matt's Gedifra sweater. I decided to tackle the second sleeve next, saving the front for last (seems less tedious that way).

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous! love the color. can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks great. I love the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe that's the best looking Mr. Greenjeans I've seen. The color's great and it fits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, and you wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning ~ I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:36 AM

    Wow Cindy, this turned out beautiful. I think doing the sleeves then the front is a super idea! Why didn't I think of that?
    hehehe

    See ya soon ...
    Knittingly,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.