Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Sampler Block Cardigan is done... sort of. Seems I made the sleeves a smidge too long (and here I was trying to conserve yarn!). I'm hoping that I have enough after shortening that I can re-do the button bands in the original yarn.

While the different dye lot doesn't look terrible, it would be nice for it to be all in one dye lot... if I can do it. For now, we're calling it a FO, so let's do some Project Stats!!

Pattern: Sampler Block Cardigan by Ewe & I Originals (according to Ravelry, they've closed up shop, so no link)

Yarn: Black Water Abbey worsted in silver

Problems with the pattern: I don't remember any errors. I will say that they list it as a beginner pattern, and I'm not sure I would say that. Keeping track of the pattern stitches while shaping (which IS minimal) might be a challenge for a brand new knitter.

Changes to the pattern: Only thing I think I changed was the insert sleeve. The pattern has you pick up stitches all the way around the insert sleeve. I only picked up the top, then seamed up the little bit for the insert.

Overall impressions: LOVE IT! for many reasons. First, it was a blast to knit. My style of knitting. The stitches changed up enough that I didn't get bored. Second, I love how it fits (too long sleeves not withstanding). Third, the color and yarn are exactly what I wanted. I have a tendency of hoarding my Black Water Abbey yarn... I have a fairly good stash of it, yet this in only the second time I've used it (not counting the two fair isle tote kits I knit). It's not like I can't get more, but there is definitely a "too special" to use mentality that I'm trying to get past.

This cardigan is going to get a lot of wear this winter. I absolutely would knit this again (in a smooth, easy care yarn... hmmm... Cotton Ease??)

Now I've got to focus on Matt's Polar Bear Chullo... one ear flap to go (and I got one whole row done yesterday on it!)

Edit: Thanks to Robin in my comments, it seems like the pattern designers' shop is still opened. Pattern can be ordered from their site: Ewe & I Originals!


1 comment:

  1. I loved your sweater and bought the pattern directly at www.eweandioriginals.com/ Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.