Friday, January 23, 2009

Cassidy



All done! Including buttons.

Let me say, apart from my own personal image issue, I'm very very happy with this project. The Cascade 220 is such a wonderful yarn, and worked up beautifully with the pattern. So warm and comfy. Let's do some project stats, eh?

Project Stats:

Pattern: Cassidy by Chic Knits

Yarn: Cascade 220

Changes to the pattern: oops on one of the cables, let's call it a improvisional interpretation? Had to shorten the sleeves considerable (I usually end up shortening Chic Knits pattern's sleeves around 4"... and I could've done an other inch on these). Knit the buttonband in one really really long piece (the pattern has you do each side then graft/seam the top). I did a perpendicular join on the hood rather than seam the cabled center peice to the sides.

Problems with the pattern: Found no errors. I like how Bonne Marie writes her patterns and find them easy to follow (if only I would actually read rather than skim...).

Overall Impressions: It's a keeper. It was a quick knit. The style is fabulous and it's really comfy to wear. What more could I ask for in a project? Considering that I had to knit the right front twice, it still didn't take me long to work up (when I actually worked on it). A most definite thumbs up!

I will absolutley make this again. I really want a cotton blend one in red. There are some things I'll do differently next time. I won't bother with waist shaping. The ribbing sort of takes care of that by itself. I'll make the body a little longer and the sleeves a little shorter. I'll try to do the perpendicular join on the hood in the purl stitch (tho' I actually like the vertical line that I ended up with this one).

Okay, back to knitting... I think I can get an other project done by the end of the month?

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:55 PM

    Beautiful!!! ta-da!!! Lovely lovely lovely! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:59 PM

    Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:48 PM

    Wow! This sweater is soooooo beautiful. I especially love the way you worked the hood. I think I'm afraid of them. I wouldn't change a thing. You are a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome sweater and wonderful fit!

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. That might very well be the nicest sweater you've ever made and you've made tons of really nice sweaters. It's so perfect and I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the sweater looks on you! It's a great sweater for you. You always inpire me and this will be my next sweater.
    I have two questions. What color did you use and could you explain on the blog the join you used on the band so I and others might use that modification as well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the review. I just cast on for this sweater. Your sweater is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your sweater! I just cast on for this and much appreciate your review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely sweater!!!! I stumbled on your blog somehow and am gratful I did. All of your knits have turned out wonderful! So far this pattern is my favorite, I especially like the colors you choose. Can hardly wait to see more completed projects!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.