Monday, January 26, 2009

Q&A plus CPH

Gotta catch up on some comments and questions!

First up, thanks to everyone that left comments about Cassidy. Worn her every day since she's been done. So comfy!

Ellen asked two specific questions. The Cascade 220 is one of the heathers, number 9452. It's a blueish green or greenish blue, depending on the light. A perfect color for me! (yes, I'm trying to reach a world record for knitting the most green cardigans!!!!)

As for how to do the perpendicular join, I recommend getting Janet Szabo's book "The I Hate To Finish Sweaters Guide to Finishing Sweaters". The book is full of great info, and it's my "go to" book for finishing (or starting or adapting... probably one of the most used reference books in my library. A great investment for $13). Basically you leave your stitches live, then add them as you knit using a k2tog/p2tog and ssk/ssp. Perfect for saddle shoulders so you don't have to seam them. If you don't like seaming, you MUST have Janet's book in your library.

So, I'm still plugging along on finishing, and I should have Theresa's Central Park Hoodie done this week (she decided on a zipper closure, and that's on order). One sleeve down and the second well under way. I've already decided I'm going to do the hood just like Cassidy. I love the cables going up the middle of the hood. I've already blocked the fronts and back (and I'll block the sleeves while I do the hood and bands)

Central Park Hoodie

I have to say this is the third project I've used the Kathmandu Aran with, and I love it. It's just nice to knit with. Then I block it... and it gets even softer (and more drapey... definitely not a good choice for "structured" knitting). The color is stunning (good choice Theresa!!!). Hmmmm... maybe I should've "accidently" made the sleeves too short???? Oh ya, I will be making one of these for me. There's a reason there's so many on Ravelry.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for answering my questions! I am going to buy that book.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.