Friday, July 22, 2011

FO: Hey Addiction


(aka: Hey KAL). My 4th Hey Teach is basically done. The buttons I had originally planned are too heavy, so it is still buttonless.


Not a great photo of the front. Will update once I get buttons.

Project stats:

Pattern: Hey Teach (4th time knitting this pattern!)

Yarn: Classic Elite in Classic Silk (Yummy!)

Problems with the pattern: I made the 46", and as I've noted before, there are no seam stitches in the lace section. I increased two stitches on the last row of ribbing so I wasn't decreasing on the selvege.

Changes to the pattern: I obviously made some modifications:

  • Added 2" to the skirt

  • Added 2" to the lace section before sleeve shaping

  • Made the neck not as deep (okay, this was an accident, but I like it)

  • Did all ribbings on size 6 needles rather than the 8's

  • Went down to a size 7 needle for the last two lace pattern repeats to make the shoulders a little more narrow

  • Made 7/8 sleeves (the sleeves hit me about 2" above my wrist)



Overall impressions: LOVE! The yarn is wonderful. Soft and lightweight, yet not terribly hard to knit with. Has a great drape and the color is just what I wanted (which is ironic, as this was not the color I ordered... one of those kismet accidents!). I really like the way this cardigan knits up (obviously: I don't think I've knit anything 4 times). This project is just what I wanted: a light airy cardigan for over air conditioned restaurants. It can be dressed up or down. A true wardrobe staple.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you continue to knit and post. I love seeing all you are doing. Please keep it up.
    Thanks
    Esther

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.