Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kathmandu Gansey

Kathmandu Gansey
click to enlarge

Well, I've finished my first non pattern sweater... and there are some things I would tweak, but overall both Matt and I are happy.

I should've made the front neck opening a bit deeper and I might need to lengthn the sleeves a bit (we'll see... the last sweater I did for Matt in this yarn grew a bit with wear).

Kathmandu Gansey
click to enlarge

Matt loves it, and he's a big fan of the Kathmandu Aran yarn (I'm sure he would feel equally fond of the Kathmandu DK too, which is good, as I've got some of it in my stash for him). Sadly, this yarn seems to have jumped in price a bit. It's just like the Jo Sharp Aran Tweed, but it was always just a little cheaper. I'm finding that they're about the same price now.

Kathmandu Gansey
click to enlarge

Let's do the project stats:

Pattern: None. It's a pretty basic gansey, knit in the round, split for the armhole opening, sleeves picked up knit knit down and in the round. Fast, easy, very basic math. I did add a little armhole gusset, as I knew it was going to be a slim fit on Matt and I wanted him to be able to move his arms. As I said the only thing that I'm not happy with is the front neck opening depth. should've made it about an inch deeper. Matt says it's comfortable, and that's what matters, right?

Yarn: Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran

Overall Impressions: This was started purely so I could take something with me on vacation. I wanted an easy, portable knit using wooden needles so I could take it on the plane with me. The garter rib and st. st. really suit the yarn and Matt loves how light yet warm this sweater is. We're both giving it a thumbs up!

So that's one more finished project for the year. Next up? I'm going to try to finish my Tangled Yoke Cardigan (and really hope it fits well!)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful sweater! In weather like this that has been thrown onto us about a month early, this sweater is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.