Friday, June 06, 2008

Who are you and what did you do with Cindy?

So I finished an other project yesterday. Ya, Matt's already checked the basement for pods...

Anyway, let's just say that my attention span has improved a bit (heehee).

Sadly, two fab new finished projects, and totally crappy weather. Matt's Sampler Cardigan is still pretty damp (and I'm drying in on the wooley board, as I find things dry faster on it... better air circulation). Plus there's no sunlight, thanks to this damp/overcast weather.

Anyway, wanna see what I finished yesterday????

Sambuca Jacket in Merino Style DK
click to enlarge

Not a great photo, but as I said, lighting is a bit challenging this morning. Plus this is one of the few projects that I think looks better on me than on my dressform. My only complain is that the sleeves are snug (big surprise). I'm not a great crocheter (and which is why this stalled in the first place. Sometimes crochet directions just don't stick in my head. I'm a visual person and didn't get the sleeve rounds. Once I got it, it took me a day to finish up). If I were a more advanced crocheter, I would've added an extra shell to the sleeves.

Anyway, let's do project stats, as I'm pretty pleased overall.

Project Stats:

Pattern: Sambuca Jacket by Doris Chan (from Amazing Crochet Lace)
Yarn: Merino Style DK by Knitpicks in Storm (great color).
Changes to the pattern: I added a couple of extra repeats to the bottom so it hits mid hip rather than at the waist and I changed the closure from a clasp to 3 small buttons.
Problems with the pattern: I have no idea. I don't know enough about crochet to judge.. but saying that, I ended up with a finished project, so they must've been good enough!
Overall Impressions: I'm thrilled with how it turned out. The color is unusual and very pretty. The buttons look great on it. The fit is close enough (as long as I don't try to wear sleeves, they fit fine). The yarn crocheted beautifully and I love the way it looks after it blocked. Definitely a thumbs up.

Sambuca Jacket Detail
click to enlarge

So that's one more out of the WIP/UFO closet. I'll try to get a better photo of it (maybe even modeled... again, not as flattering on my dressform) when there's some better light.

3 comments:

  1. oh I love it! It will look great on you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that looks great and I love it! Is it safe to assume the color is not accurate??? :-P

    **Added- Do I even HAVE a blogger user name anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Good job. Are there another things in that book that interest you? (you have good taste and I wondered if I would like it ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.