Anyway, let's just say that my attention span has improved a bit (heehee).
Sadly, two fab new finished projects, and totally crappy weather. Matt's Sampler Cardigan is still pretty damp (and I'm drying in on the wooley board, as I find things dry faster on it... better air circulation). Plus there's no sunlight, thanks to this damp/overcast weather.
Anyway, wanna see what I finished yesterday????
click to enlarge
Not a great photo, but as I said, lighting is a bit challenging this morning. Plus this is one of the few projects that I think looks better on me than on my dressform. My only complain is that the sleeves are snug (big surprise). I'm not a great crocheter (and which is why this stalled in the first place. Sometimes crochet directions just don't stick in my head. I'm a visual person and didn't get the sleeve rounds. Once I got it, it took me a day to finish up). If I were a more advanced crocheter, I would've added an extra shell to the sleeves.
Anyway, let's do project stats, as I'm pretty pleased overall.
Pattern: Sambuca Jacket by Doris Chan (from Amazing Crochet Lace)
Yarn: Merino Style DK by Knitpicks in Storm (great color).
Changes to the pattern: I added a couple of extra repeats to the bottom so it hits mid hip rather than at the waist and I changed the closure from a clasp to 3 small buttons.
Problems with the pattern: I have no idea. I don't know enough about crochet to judge.. but saying that, I ended up with a finished project, so they must've been good enough!
Overall Impressions: I'm thrilled with how it turned out. The color is unusual and very pretty. The buttons look great on it. The fit is close enough (as long as I don't try to wear sleeves, they fit fine). The yarn crocheted beautifully and I love the way it looks after it blocked. Definitely a thumbs up.
click to enlarge
So that's one more out of the WIP/UFO closet. I'll try to get a better photo of it (maybe even modeled... again, not as flattering on my dressform) when there's some better light.