click to enlarge
While I hate doing the self portrait in the mirror thing, this is the best I can do today.
I was so disappointed in this cardigan yesterday. I tried it on, and the sleeves still were a little snug and the buttonband looked horrid (even tho' I had tried to fix that rippling effect that I've seen on most finished, including the pattern). I must admit that it's a pet peeve. I think that a rippled/wavy buttonband looks sloppy and amateurish. This is what it looked like yesterday:
click to enlarge
So I ripped off that buttonband, went down to a size 1(US) needle and picked up fewer stitches. I now love this sweater! Okay, it's still just has saftey pins to keep it closed, but I'll get some buttons later today.
Let's do some project stats!
Pattern: Tangled Yoke Cardigan by Eunny Jang
Yarn: Bartlett sportweight
Changes to the pattern: increased the sleeve circumfrance by 1" (could've gone 2" for a little more ease... I have to be careful what I wear under it). Short row bust darts, refined the buttonbands. Shortened sleeves a good 2".
Problems with the pattern: I think that the directions were fine for the pattern, but I had some issues with how it was designed. The sleeves, especially for the upper sizes, are very very very slender. Again, I have issues with sloppy buttonbands.
Overall Impressions: I'm pretty happy with the sweater. It's a lot of knitting, but so worth it. The sportweight yarn makes for a very non bulky sweater (which is always very nice). I think the styling is very attractive and I love the color of the Bartlett yarn a lot. I know the yarn is also very "sturdy", so I can wear it a lot without the concerns about it looking worn. So it's now getting a thumbs up.
I'm also thrilled that I have an other finished project (well, apart from the saftey pin buttons). Hmmm... what else can I get done!!!!