Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Big Reveal: Portland

Portland is done... and faster than I expected!! (I was able to get thru the second sleeve much faster than usual, as I did it while being social. Food, friends and beer always helps knitting go faster!!)

Still not blocked, but according to Matt, he likes the fit, so the wooly board blocking that I had intended is out (I'll do a soak, lay flat to dry).

Let's do the project stats, then a bunch of photos!

Pattern: Portland by Lisa Lloyd from the much loved A Fine Fleece

Yarn: Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran (very very sad this yarn is discontinued. It's a wool/silk/cashmere blend. 'nuff said)

Changes to the pattern: I made two changes. I changed the neck band from a moss stitch mitered band to a 2X2 rib. The only other thing I changed was construction: I did a perpendicular join on the saddles (which I love!!)

Problems with the pattern: none

Overall thoughts: There are a small handful of designers that I just love their feel for cables, and Lisa Lloyd is one of 'em. I love that she incorporates cables into her ribbings (as do my other favorite cable designers... to me it's a sign of a well thought out design). The cables on this one are elegant, and perfect for guys. Saying that, I would totally make this for me too. I can't say enough about how much I love the yarn. It was wonderful to knit, has great stitch definition. The sweater is warm and classic. One final thought: Love!

Now onto the real reason anyone reads blogs: the photos!!!


1 comment:

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.