Monday, April 06, 2009

Rockin' the 'tober

This is what my skein of STR lightweight in Roctober looked like Saturday at 4:00 pm:



This is what it looked like at 11:00 am on Monday:



This is what it looks like right now (12:30 pm Monday):



Wow, I think I found my instant gratification project! All just because I wanted to try out my new blocking wires from Knitpicks (and LOVE THEM!)

Project Stats:

Pattern: Forest Canapy Shawl by Susan Lawrence

Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Socks that Rock Lightweight (colorway: Rocktober)

Changes/Problems with the pattern: none. Super Fabulous Pattern!

Overall Impressions: WOW! This pattern is fabulous. The lace pattern is easily memorized (about half of this shawl was knit while enjoying some mediocre Pinot Grigio... which says a lot about the ease of the lace pattern). The directions are written and charted (which I love for lace). A good use for sock yarn for a non sock knitter (especially for the high pooling colors). I will most definitely knit this again... bigger. I was limited on size with how much yarn I had. So it's more of a scarf than a shawl, but it's going to be perfect in the fall.

Okay, I guess I should finish up Lateralis (took a break from weaving in ends over the weekend). Might be back on schedule soon!

Edited to add some new photos:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.