Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Just a little behind schedule


Lateralis is blocking. I still have the neckband and fronts to do... and a whole bunch of *&^$#@ ends to weave in. I tried to do the neckband pre-blocking, but I was concerned with the "floppiness" of what I was getting. I figured I would block it, and see what works best.

So I didn't get it done in March... meaning that I have to get 3 done in April! Yikes! (even though there really isn't much left on Lateralis to do).

I will say that this project has been interesting on several levels. Being able to work with each of Elann's summer yarns was great... as now I know which I love and which I would never with knit again (I'm not a big fan of the Pegasus... but the Sula, Nilo and Coto are all new faves).

I also think that if I do this again (and there's a good chance I will), I'll set the Random Stripe Generator to only do 4 colors. A light green, dark green, light tan and dark tan. This will give me more opportunity to decide as I go which yarns to use and I can use a more balance approach to the yarns. While I used up some yarns (and even ran short on the green Pegasus), I have A LOT of yarn left over.

So now I'll just wait for it to dry (a slow process with the fiber content on these yarns) then tackle that pesky neckband (the neck opening is larger than I calculated... I really do sorta suck at math). Should be done in no time!

Thanks to everyone that left me comments about Hey Cara Mia! I've already worn it several times and I'm still in love with it. I do need to steam the front bands down a bit better (they curl in). knitalot3 asked about doing the lace as an all over pattern... and I've been tempted to do that too. The lace pattern is so easy to work and so pretty that I have been contemplating an other one!

Okay... off to get some grocercies then tackle then next project!

1 comment:

  1. If you do a Hey Lace with all over lace, would you keep the ribbing at the under bust? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.