Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Two Days with Two FO's!

I finished up one of my crochet bags yesterday and finished up my Sampler Pullover today (both need a little blocking, and I haven't lined the bag yet... but it's a usable bag, so I'm counting it).

I didn't redownload Photoshop yet, but I'm trying a freeware program (much less of a memory hog), so I was able to get some photos today.

First up is the Sunny Shoulder Bag:


As the photo shows, I can wear it a la messanger bag style, which is great (that's with the length given in the pattern). I would probably shorten the strap 6" if I wanted a shoulder bag. Let's do some project stats!

Pattern: Sunny Shoulder Bag from the March/April 09 issue of Crochet Today!

Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream Stripes (for the hexagons) and Solid for the border/strap.

Changes to the pattern: I used a self striping yarn to make the hexagons rather than the 2 row color changes in the pattern. I made the bottom by mitering decreases rather than sewing in the rectangle. My straps are wider than what is given in the pattern.

Problems with the pattern: None that I could find. The directions were clear and it included charts (yay!)

Overall impressions: I'm very very happy with this. It was a lot of fun to make and I most defintely will make it again (it's a great stash/scrap buster). My only complaint was with Lily and the lack of coordinating colors for with the self striping yarn. None of their blues/greens went with the colors in the stripes, which is why I ended up with the ecru (which I think worked just fine). I do plan on lining this down the road, but it's a great bag as is.


I'll do a run down of the Sampler Pullover tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. The ecru looks beautiful! What a pretty bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun bag! It takes me back in time to the seventies. There sure have been a lot of pretty crochet things floating around lately, enough to make me 'think' about searching for my hooks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUPER cute. I really love it.I am enjoying your crocheting patterns because I do have a bias against crocheting given my up close and personal 70's experience. I do some crocheting, but your posts are encouraging me to do more!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.