Monday, August 01, 2011

It's simply too hot for Polar Bears, right?


Remember Matt's Polar Bear Chullo? Ya, I sorta have been ignoring it. Even tho' it's sitting in a bin next to my Knitting Knest. However, my goal was to have it finished for his birthday (since I didn't get it done in time for Christmas).

As his birthday is fast approaching (like... um, Wednesday), I still have the second earflap to do (I cheated on construction so I could do them last rather than first. hmmm.... seemed like a good idea at the time). Plus the I cord. Plus blocking (and trust me: this baby needs Serious Blocking). Sure... no problem, right? Okay maybe not for this birthday.

Let me just say that I have learned a great deal about fair isle. Mostly that I totally suck at it. All those yarns, size 1 needles, ear flaps worked flat. I love the look at it and I am totally jealous of those who not only do it, but prefer it. I will never be converted. I'm a cable girl, and I think I'll be sticking to that from here on out.

Oh well, it's not like he can wear it in 95 degree weather, anyway.

(I'll also say that while it is too hot to knit fingering weight wool yarn, it is not too hot to work a wool/mohair aran weight cabled sweater.)

1 comment:

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.