Monday, March 09, 2009

Instant Gratification

or not...

I can understand the appeal of knitting socks. The yarns are lovely. From a knitting cost standpoint, it's cheaper than sweater knitting (tho not cheap) and you can play with fun stitches.

So why do I find them so unsatisfactory? I can crank out a sock in a little better than a day:


Yet I don't get the same sense of accomplishment. I don't love it. I know I have an other to knit, but there just isn't the same level of satisfaction when I knit socks.

Maybe because I won't be wearing it often? Maybe because they're not as "seen" as a sweater? (hey, it does stroke the ego when you knit a sweater and people tell you how lovely it is... even non knitters).

So while I struggle with trying to finish big projects, I thought a little sock knitting thrown in might give me that sense of "instant gratification"... yet I'm not feeling gratified. Sigh... back to ye old sweaters (oh ya... I guess I have to knit the other sock now).

1 comment:

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.