Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to Knitting

Thanks to everyone that left me comments about My Granny Is Scrappy Afghan. It was definitely a fun project... and you know there will be more grannies in my future.

However, I'm back to the knitting thing. Matt's new & improved Patrick is progressing very quickly:

The arty shot of Patrick the 2nd

The advantage of doing a project for the second time? I don't have to learn the pattern stitch... already know it! So the pattern is purely for cast on numbers.

The techincal shot of the pattern stitch


I've also been working on a cardigan for me:

The Kool Kardi

The pattern is Chic Knits Ribby Pulli, but I've cardiganized it (I didn't use the Ribby Cardi pattern, as the gauge suited the yarn better for the Pulli, and the pattern is written to be worked as one piece.)

The hand dyed yarn shot of the Kool Kardi

The yarn is Knitpicks Bare Worsted that I hand dyed with Kool Aid and Egg Dye. In my fave colors of greens. Yum. The body is at the armholes, and I've cast on the first sleeve. I've been working on this as my breakfast project, so it's not going to be done as quickly as if I were working on it full time (it might get bumped to main project as I progress... as I'm really looking forward to wearing it this fall!).

One of these days I need to do a project clean up. I have a bunch of projects started that I just will never finish (for various reasons). Maybe that will be next year's goal... if I can reach this year's, of couse!

1 comment:

  1. Love those shades of blue and green! I found the sleeves on my Ribby a bit tight, if you have done one already (can't remember) then you would know if that is true for you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.