Monday, August 24, 2009

A Tale of Two Patricks


Patrick the Second is progressing well. I have the back completed (notice the lack of any armscye) and the front is cast on.

However, friends of ours completed their Patrick:


This is the Baby Granny I made with Patrick and new mom Chrissy. I'm not sure how much he'll get to use the blanket anytime soon thanks to the heat and humidity. The kid has been blessed with a great gene pool and some of the most grounded people I've ever met as parents.

Meanwhile... I've been sucked into a new project:


Bonne Marie over at Chicknits has an other lovely new pattern. The Mondo Cable Cardi. While I normally avoid A-line shaping, I think I can wear this (the key is that it's a cardigan and "hangs open"... I know I can't wear the pullover). I think it's going to be a great comfy cardigan.

I'm using one of my fave yarns: Moda Dea Silk n Wool in aquatic. Which took some to decide even with Matt's input. Both the yarn and the pattern met with his approval (heehee). I've already knit one skein, so it's going quickly (love the whole top down construction!).

Must get Monday Morning Chores done... then back to ye ol' knittin' needles!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward on seeing the Mondo Cardi on you, that will give me a better idea, if it would be a good idea for me.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.