Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Hobby... maybe.


I am totally entralled with colors. So much so that I bought some roving.

I don't spin. Never really was interested in spinning (seemed like a lot of work when I would rather be knitting). Then I got sucked into some beautiful roving from Fiber Optics. So I thought I better try spinning.

I think I've got it conceptually, but I need to practice, as my yarn is uneven and probably over twisted. Not sure I love the process. It might be 'cause I'm a newbie and it feels awkward (just like knitting did when I first started).

However, I think I still would rather knit...

3 comments:

  1. At our Knitters' Guild meeting last Saturday the program was on knitting with roving. You separate it into whatever width you want and knit away, just as though it was a bulky yarn. The presenter said you get a very warm lightweight garment when you do that. She said it was especially good for hats although she also showed a sweater knit from roving. She was working on a bag which she was going to felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice a little each day and it will come. The colors are definitely addictive. The roving you picked is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hand spindle spinning is the one sort of spinning I keep thinking about. I seems so cool and traditional at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.