Tuesday, September 15, 2009

blah.


Well... the Kool Kardi is progressing along. I'm better than 3" on the collar (with the goal being 5").

Decided to slip it on... I made two HUGE mistakes on this. All body related... and I'm soooooo annoyed with myself.

While I love my Ribby Pulli (which this is a cardiganized version), I wanted this cardigan to be a little longer. I also didn't bother shortening the sleeves, as I wanted to cuff them.

Let's just say I over compensated on both. The 2x2 rib on the back section hits me at about the worst possible spot. Even with the sleeves cuffed, they're way too long.

It's purely a body issue. While I know that I can't make my arms longer, something must be done about the back end issues. I'm going to go ahead and finish my sweater at this point... but oh am I sad that this is not the perfect cardigan that I had hoped for. (It's going to look stunning on my dressform).

UPDATE: stay tuned. surgery will be preformed tomorrow to shorten the body at least 2" (might leave the sleeves alone... we'll see. I can do that at any point, but the body surgery needs to be done before buttonbands).

UPDATE part 2: Matt says it looks fine (and he has a better view than I do). So I'm going forward as is. Collar is done, just the buttonbands to go.

1 comment:

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.