Friday, November 26, 2010

The Ego Buster!


First let me say: earflaps in fair isle suck. Oh wait, I think I've already said that. I'm still on the first earflap. Considering how many times I started those suckers, it's nothing compaired to how many time I've had to pull back rows as I've knit them (it's almost a knit 3 rows, rip 2 process).

Let's face it: I'm fairly cocky when it comes to knitting. I skim directions, do my own thing... sheez, I barely even swatch (the ultimate in cocky). This project has kicked my butt. A true test of my skills, and I'm failing fairly well, thank you very much.

My stitches are very uneven, I've had to do a lot of ripping/tinking/restarting. While I think the pattern is quite lovely, my knitting skills have not done it justice. I will hold off final evaluation until after blocking (the knitter's best friend), but I will honestly say that the desire to do another fair isle chullo is non-existant.

Bring on a cabled project... and soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.