Friday, November 19, 2010

Now shooting for the 10th Anniversary....


That is the start of Matt's Salt Lake 2002 Olympic sweater. Started in 2001. All that lovely black stockinette stitch (is there anything less mindless than knitting st. st in the round?). Lovely, no?

Uh, no. The issue is that it has been 9 years since I started that sweater. That is the 48" finished size. For my currently 38" chested husband. Yep, it ain't gonna work anymore. So like many of the projects that I had started for him at that time, it needs a complete start over.

After some serious debating/measuring/discussion on ease, we decided that the 42.5" would be roomy and not sloppy. Matt hates oversize sweaters, and it's the advantage of knitting him sweaters rather than buying them. I'll shorten the body and sleeves and hopefully he'll have a sturdy well fitting sweater... just in time for the 10th anniversary of the 2002 Olympics!

Plus it gives me a distraction from earflaps.

2 comments:

  1. Earflaps!!!! oh, 'those' earflaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only assume since it's a DON, you'll be steeking. You didn't want to steek the side seams and save the reknitting?

    Just an idea.
    -christina

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.