Sunday, October 31, 2010

Prevent Defense?

I've been playing around with some projects lately, and I'm still working on the yoke for my TLC Ribby. I really wanted something "New!". So here's a new project (sorta):


This is actually a restart. I've always loved this Jean Frost cardigan (it's called "Bobbly-pointed edges" and it can be found in the Best of Knitters: Jackets).

I originally started it in Cotton Ease. I loved it, but I kept screwing up the lace pattern (what? I have to pay attention on the wrong size???? eeks). After some thinking, I also realized that the Cotton Ease might not block well for the lace (of course I could "swatch and block" uh. huh.). Instead, I decided to just simply start over. A fresh start.

I also decided to start with a sleeve. I really should do this more often, as I find it really helps with the second sleeve syndrom later.

I'm making a few changes. The sleeve is going to have to be a little wider and much much shorter (the sleeves are too long on the tall model from the book... imagine them on me!).

My first version, I just didn't do the bobbles, but I do think it looked odd without. So I did them, but I made a smaller bobble. I think it's just enough.

I'm also using a great yarn. Kathmandu DK, so it's going to be very light and soft. At first I wasn't sure the pattern stitch would show up, but I'm happy with it. (btw: the color is Hot Pink!!, not as mulberry as the photo shows. I tried to color correct it in photoshop, but gave up).

So when I feel like concentrating, (did I mention that the lace pattern is worked on BOTH sides??), this is the project right now. When I need mindless, it's the TLC Ribby. Of course that's when I'm not playing Fallout: New Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.