Thursday, October 20, 2011

Diagnosis: Yarn Consuption Mania

Click to enlarge. Feelin' lazy, so bad light photo.




My Sampler Block Cardigan is nearing the end... and it has been an emotional roller coaster of complete confidence that I have enough yarn, followed by the near panic of not having enough, then a quick swing back to feeling optimistic.

I finished the first sleeve feeling pretty good about the whole yardage thing, as I barely had to dip into my last skein to finish it, meaning that I would be able to finish the second sleeve with that last skein... and maybe even have enough to finish the button bands! 

Well, the good news is that the sleeves are done. The other good thing is that the button bands are fairly small. They only go up to the lapel, and only 4 rows of garter. No biggie, right?

Except you can see how much yarn I have left... and even in my highest confidence, I know that is not going to be enough (I don't care that I don't have enough for seaming. I have some Cascade 220 in gray that I can use).

So now comes the debate: order an other skein (different dye lots guaranteed), or just go ahead and use the Cascade 220 that is already in stash, and make it look like a design feature? Or just do a crochet edge/loop instead of full button band????

UPDATE: ordered a one once skein of the silver from Black Water Abbey. Perfect (hey, I may even have enough now to seam it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.