Tuesday, September 08, 2009

News from The Shire

So... the Mondo Cable Cardi fix is a bit more work than originally anticipated... okay, I sorta knew that it wasn't going to be as simple as frogging the 4" then re-adding the cuff. I had hoped that if I did a round of decreases to make up for the frogged decreases, my cuff would work out.

Ya. That didn't work. Cuffs were so wide to be uncomfortable for me. So I've ripped the sleeve back to the elbow and will re-do the sleeve decreases. Sigh. I was soooo ready to move on. However, I'm so happy with this cardigan, that I want to be able to wear it.

Just because I'm not frustrated enough, I decided to finally upgrade my Photoshop. I hate doing these things. A: they're a PITA to download and B: now I have to get used to a new Photoshop (I haven't upgraded for a really really long time).

However, I'm thinking it was worth it. First, my old photoshop wasn't really fond of Vista and I lost the "save for web" option... making saving files a royal pain. Second, I'm finding the upgrade pretty user friendly:

color corrected with old Photoshop


color corrected with updated Photoshop


I'm going to try not to go back thru all my old projects and fix the photographs (or even start new?)... too much other stuff to do! Still tempting tho'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.