Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kool Kardi Kan-do!

Since the Mondo Cable Cardi is done (yay), I have plenty of time to get two more projects done this month.

First on the "let's get this baby finished" is the Kool Kardi:


Have you ever had a project that just simply working on it makes ya happy? This project makes me happy. I loooooves the colors. All my favorite shades of green in one yarn! It also makes me happy that I made those colors (with the help of Kool-Aid and Paaz). The Knitpicks Bare is a lovely yarn to work with. It's a good solid worsted weight yarn that has been a joy to knit with (and was easy to dye).

Even right now, where I'm on those never ending yoke rows, it makes me happy to knit on this project. However, I think wearing it is going to make me even happier this winter... so I'm trying to finish it up!

I'm still debating how I'm going to do the neck finishing. I might have enough yarn for a hood. Or I might just do a nice big collar. Or a personal favorite: the mock turtleneck. I also haven't decided if I'm doing buttonbands or a zipper...

The fun doesn't stop with this one... as I've already dyed the next Kool Kardi:


Reds with a touch of purple! (This is Kraemer's Judy, a superwash worsted weight wool... tho' I think it feels a bit light for worsted.) Already know this will be a simple cross over cardigan (Ravelry link: Knitting Pure and Simple's Wrap Cardigan Top Down perhaps?)

The other project that I really hope to finish this month is Patrick the 2nd. I've moved it to breakfast knitting, so some of it is getting done every day, but just a few rows. That way it's still progressing while I concentrated on my Kool Kardi. Then it'll be the main concentration project. I have the back done and the front is moving steadily with about 8" done.

At some point (in the very near future... like maybe this weekend), I need to do a project clean up. I literally have 22 projects sitting around my knitting knest (that is NOT a hyperbole, but an actual count). It's even starting to get on my nerves (thanks Matt for not being overly annoyed... I promise to do a pick up!)

1 comment:

  1. I counted the other day and I had 25 WIPs. I think I got them all, but I could have missed a few. I think you should cast on a few more.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.