Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gettin' There!


The bulk of my Kool Kardi is done. I'm going to go ahead and weave in ends and seam up the underarm seam. Then block it. I just haven't decided how I want to do the closing and the neckline. As of right now I'm leaning towards a wide 2X2 collar and a 2X2 rib button closure. However, I'm leaving my options open until I HAVE to make the decision.

I have to say that I am shocked at how well this yarn turned out. I was really concerned about the colors pooling (since I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to dyeing). I did alternate 3 skeins at a time for the body, which may have help to prevent pooling (the sleeves just have two colors).


I also have to say that the Ribby is a perfect pattern for the hand dyed yarns... I think the side ribbing really looks cool with the multi colored yarn.

Might spend the rest of today with Patrick the 2nd while I enjoy a beautiful fall Sunday (football/baseball/knitting/YAY!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors that you used. Your a natural at dyeing it seems as it knits up really beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.