Friday, October 10, 2008

Matt's not the only one that cycles!

I'm trying to finish up my goals for the end of the year, so I've been cycling thru my WIPs and I'm feeling pretty good about my progress.

My Tangled Yoke is on it's first sleeve, Matt's Kathmandu Gansey is going really well (and he's mighty excited... he's already said "I know I'm going to wear that one a lot". Best husband, ever!) and I'm steadily working thru Hey Theresa! I've even been working on Babette (only the 2 round squares to finish up).

I'm also struggling trying to finish Patrick. This is the project that I bought the yarn for Matt as a Christmas gift, so I really need to get this done before this Christmas.

Patrick's first sleeve
click to enlarge


I admit that I have a love/hate relationship with Patrick. I love the design. I love the yarn. I don't love them together (the Beaverslide yarn is too heavy to knit at this gauge). I also don't love the way the pattern is written at all. I would suggest that Black Purl Design patterns are not for the novice knitter. They are full of errors (most are missing info... something that a copy editor would've picked up on). However, it's soooo close to being done (just the sleeves!)that I can finish it by the end of the year (as long as I work on it here and there).

Meanwhile, I'm going thru "cast on withdrawl". I might need to start something new soon! Finishing is fun, but I sure do love the rush of a new project!!!!

Oh, and as a blog note: I use Internet Explorer, and so that's how I designed my blog. However, Matt uses both IE and Firefox. I saw my blog on Firefox, and noticed it doesn't work real well. I'm going to give up the whole self design thing, and just switch over to a Blogger template this weekend. Hopefully that will be more user friendly for those using different browsers! I'll leave the coding to the experts!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:04 PM

    Where do you ever find the time to do all this sweater knitting, Cindy? You must be a very fast knitter, because it takes me MONTHS to complete a sweater!

    teresa_anawim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:30 PM

    I am getting caught up on many of the posts I haven't seen.
    I am in love..absolutely adore Matt's Sampler Cardi.


    And....I really like this comment feture..it is easier for me to get into. I don;t know why I had such a difficult time with the other.

    teresa_anawim

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.