Thursday, October 16, 2008

General Updates

Just a quick update on my works in progress.

Matt's Kathmandu Gansey is at the sleeves. I think my sleeve/body gauge is different. I don't have the wooden circs small enough to do the sleeves, so I'm using some metal ones. I think it's a little tighter gauge, but shouldn't have much effect, and I think Matt will enjoy the slightly denser (warmer) sleeves.

Kathmandu Gansey
click to enlarge and see the most beautiful fabric ever

I love the way the Kathmandu Aran Tweed knits up. It doesn't have a lot of flexibility, but the drape is wonderful. Matt loves the softness. Quite frankly, this sweater is going to be very snuggly... in a very manly sort of way, of course.

I'm also progressing well on my Tangled Yoke Cardigan. I'm about halfway thru the second sleeve (I did take a pic yesterday, but wasn't happy with how they turned out, and it's too dreary today to get a better one). I'm making a lot of minor adjustments to this pattern. Hopefully this will give me a nice fitting cardigan.

I did finish up all my Babette afghan blocks. Julie is just about done with hers as well, but with the holiday season upon us, we'll wait til after the first of the year to start seaming up the blocks. I really enjoyed working on the squares, and I do have one started in some stash yarn to keep.

Hey, Theresa is progressing... slowly. I'm halfway done with the right front (with the back and left front done). Just need to pick it up and work on it (I've been obsessively knitting on my Tangled Yoke).

The good news is that it seems that Jake's tumor is not progressing as quickly as we first feared. He's on pain killers that have made a huge difference. Apart from having to be careful when he goes up/down the stairs (as the last two spills were pretty bad), he's back to being his usual grumpy self.

Okay... let's see if I can get that second sleeve for my Tangled Yoke done today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.