Monday, October 06, 2008

...Breaking News...

This just in... It's October. Almost a week into October actually.


How did that happen!?!


If you do Holiday knitting (and I don't), that's only 10 weeks of knitting. Not a lot, actually. Since I don't do the holiday knitting thing... mostly... it's more about how much time is left in the year. I have a goal of finishing 20 projects this year.

I'm still on track, but the pressure is on! I will say that losing the time of the Olympics to do "fixes", while totally worth it, it did cut down on my FO list.


So believe it or not I'm only working on three projects right now. Here's some bad update photos (it's overcast this morning so I had to use the overhead light... and ugh).


Hey, Theresa is doing well. I met up with Theresa over the weekend to make sure that we were happy with the sizing, and it looks like it's going to be a good fit:

Hey, Theresa
click to enlarge that sucky photo

So the back is completed and I'm at the lace section of the left front. The hardest part is the st. st. section for me. The lace goes faster, as it's simply more interesting. It's also definitely not knitting as quickly as mine did... but that's to be expected, as it's like knitting the second sleeve... just for a whole sweater!

Some more bad photos:
Tangled Yoke Cardigan
click to enlarge

The body of the Tangled Yoke Cardigan is done, including some short row bust darts.

Tangled Yoke Cardigan short row bust dart detail
click to enlarge

Uh, that's a lot of st. st. I simply can't wait to do the yoke section. Should be so much fun with all those really really long st. st. rows. Like the Sitcom Chic, only at a much much smaller gauge, so I get lots more stitiches!

I do have the first sleeve cast on, but I was hoping that I didn't need dpn's, but I can't spread the stitches over my circs, so I'll have to dig out some size 4 dpns today.

Last, but far from least is Matt's Kathmandu Gansey:
Kathmandu Gansey
click to enlarge

This is the most disappointing photo in the group. I can't get a quality photo of how incredibly beautiful this fabric is. This is knitting up very quickly (it's been moved to my breakfast knitting for the time being). The front is done and I'm on the back yoke. Super simple stitch pattern and it will be done in no time. Love a quick easy gansey.

So if I can get these three projects done fairly quickly (the Hey, Theresa and the Kathmandu will both be done over the next few weeks), I will only need to finish one other project before the end of the year to hit 20! That seems reasonable, right? I guess I should finish up Patrick for Matt (since the yarn was a Christmas gift last year... he should have the finished sweater for Christmas THIS year... and I only have the sleeves to do). I'm also pretty close on Cassidy and a couple of other projects. So it can be done. Yes... it WILL be done!

1 comment:

  1. I just love the colors of the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.