Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tangled Yoke Redux

First, thanks to everyone that commented on my Hey, Teach. I really am happy with the results, but it's always nice to hear from you.

So, you know, I'm always a wee bit restless after I finish a project. I was good and worked on Cassidy yesterday (and I am still loving it... but it is suffering from the second sleeve syndrome right now). I need to cast on something.

I've decided I really want to make the Tangled Yoke Cardigan (and it is the reason I bought that issue of Interweave Knits). However, I'm having a serious sizing dilemma. I'm concerned that the 46" won't be fitted enough (the armhole depth will probably be too deep) but I think the 42" will be too snug, especially over my hips and bust (as there would be no ease). Now, the bust is no biggy, as I'll do short row bust darts. I think no matter what size I decide on, I'll need to do bust darts just so it fits properly. Again, tho' since the 46" already gives me more than enough ease, how much do I do?

So I'm going to have to do a lot of math. Sigh. I want 44" for my hips, and I want the 42" for the bust with bust darts. I think this is going to give me the most flattering fit. I'll just do my own numbers for the bottom half, then follow directions for the 42" after the waist shaping. Then I'll add my bust darts and it "should" work. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.