Monday, September 29, 2008

It's All About Laundry

So Matt and I did our first vacation together in over 3 years last week (ya, I've traveled more with Theresa and Julie in that time span going to knitting events). We were blessed with fab weather during our time in Orlando... but Philly wasn't so lucky on Friday (when we were flying home). The airport grounded flights for over 4 hours. Of course this has a trickle down effect and we lucked out on seats for the first flight leaving Orlando to Philly (which had a 4.5 hour delay... which is what our original flight was heading towards). Yay for not checking bags and my superior eavesdropping skills (heehee).

So I didn't get much knitting done during vacation, but I did take a simple gansey I started for Matt. Of course I had to start a project to take with me... the TSA recommends you use wood or plastic needles (which is soooo not my preference). Of course I couldn't change needles mid project, as that would change gauge. What else to do, but cast on something!

I took some of Matt's fave yarn (Queensland Kathmandu Aran) and cast on a self designed gansey, thinking that knitting around and around in st. st for the body would be perfect for travel. It was... however I was concerned about our proprosed 4 hour delay that I was going to run out of yarn!!! Since we snagged a seat on an earlier flight, I had just enough!

So now that we're back and I'm done with laundry (I swear it was a week of laundry BEFORE we left and I spent all weekend doing laundry since we've been home), I can get back to some knittin'. I'll get some photos of current in progress projects for tomorrow.

If you want to see vacation photos... good luck with that. As usual, I dragged my camera, but it never left my bag. All I can say is we had a great time, with fab meals and minimal sunburn.

Well, off to my knitting nest and day baseball! Photos tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.