Tuesday, June 03, 2008

When did this project become cursed?


Matt's cardigan is almost done... as a matter of fact I should be able to get it done today (if I really concentrate... so let's say tomorrow is a more realistic expectation).

I have to say that this simple little cardigan has been been one annoying thing after an other. Now that one side is seamed up, it seems big. So I measured... and it looks like it's going to come out to a 44". I blame the back. I knit it at the wrong gauge (don't ask me how... somehow the wrong size needles got involved in this project which is why I knit one of the many sleeve attempts at the wrong gauge).

Part of me just wants to frog the whole thing and do something else, but it's just simply too close to being done, and overall I think it looks good. I know the 44" is going to swim on Matt, and the color isn't even an option for me. I still think Matt will wear it (he does wear my ribby, and that's a 44").

At least it's not as bad as the Salt Lake City sweater I started for him (that's a 48"... not an option now and some day I will recast it on for him. I mean, how long ago was the Olympics in Salt Lake City?).

So that's the goal today... get as much of the sleeve done as possible. Let's just hope that my allergy induced tired/burning eyes can handle it! I'm ready to move on to something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.