Monday, June 02, 2008

Even my legs are tired...


Matt spent the weekend racing, and the team did very well. While the weather on Saturday wasn't so good, the results were fab with both Keith winning and Wyatt coming in first (well, and he came in last... he was the only junior racing). Keith's win was great, and the team strategies are starting to really pay off. Matt raced hard and got into some breaks, setting Keith up for the win.

On Sunday Matt raced in a 40+ race. The goal was to get Joe the win... and it almost worked. Joe got into the right break of 4, but the end sprint between the 4 riders was tough, giving Joe third. Matt covered all the early breaks and still had a great finish (got boxed in right at the end, or it would've been better). Marty won the Cat 3 race on a tight sprint.

So it was a great racing weekend for the guys. I still think it's heat related. They simply seem to do better when the weather gets warm.

I tagged along yesterday and it was wonderful. First it was in a park with flush toilets (always a plus), there was some shade to sit under... and the 40+ race was fast... much much faster than the Cat 3 that we watched the end of. I got some knitting done (I'm almost done with the first lace panel on the Surplice Lace Top).

I'm going to try to work on Matt's Sampler Cardigan this morning while it's still comfortable out, then I'll switch back to something not so warm. I also have to do an other post office run. My destashing on Ravelry has been very productive and most of my yarn has found new homes.

I posted some more photos of the race over on Matt's blog if you like to see 40+ guys in spandex... and I mean, who doesn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.