Thursday, June 05, 2008

Almost There...

The Sampler Cardigan for Matt is just about done. Still needs to be blocked and I've got to find buttons (I'm leaning towards leather buttons). However, Matt was kind enough to model it this morning in the 110% humidity (he asked me when he put it on "did you block this already? it's not dry yet"... uh, that's just from the moisture in the air).

Sampler Cardigan in Cascade 220
click to enlarge

Overall, I'm sort of "eh" about it right now. Seems that I had a lot of stupid mistakes with it. We'll see how it looks after I block it and get buttons on it. I do think I could've gone deeper on the sleeves. I know he'll wear it a lot this coming fall/winter (and maybe the wool is what's making me a little unexcited about it... did I mention the 110% humidity?).

Back View
click to enlarge

I'll do the project stats when it's officially done, including my mods to the pattern (the pockets are probably my favorite change).

So... now what? Well, I'm really enjoying finishing up all these old WIPs/UFOs, and I'm going to keep going. Why not! However, I'm done with wool for a bit. This humidity is nasty and we're going to be hitting some very hot weather this weekend (and we're going to have to put the air on... I'm not sitting in 96 degree weather). So I'll keep working on the Surplice Lace Top and maybe dig thru the WIP/UFO closets to see what else I can finish up!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 AM

    Very pretty. Nice pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? That size looks great on him! Hopefully blocking won't make it spread too much. Great looking sweater!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.