Thursday, April 10, 2008

Second Sleeve Syndrome Cure

I have about 4 more rows to go on the last sleeve of the Cables & Rib Cardigan. Do you like how I say last sleeve, like there are numerous ones to knit instead of just two? Sigh, why is that second sleeve like knitting 4?

Anyway, I'm really struggling thru it. I so want to get this cardigan done. The fronts are blocking right now, the back it blocked. While the sleeves are blocking, I'll seam the shoulders (via 3 needle bind off) and get the neck and button bands done. Then I'll just have the sleeves and the side seams to finish. I'll have it done by the end of the weekned...

unless I get distracted by this:


Don't even look at the color. It's not even close, even with some time spent in Photoshop. It photographed very green, yet the color is an odd brownish color. It's one of the new colors of Cotton Ease called Hazelnut. So very very Matt.

The pattern is by Gedifra (booklet #033, design #509, here's a beautiful version by Jenna). The pattern is sized and shaped for women, but I'm just not doing the waist shaping and I plan on doing a slightly different neck shaping. Thanks to Matt's sizing, no other changes are needed. I'm also using a little heavier weight yarn than the pattern calls for, making a really nice dense fabic. Plus I think it really "pops" the cables. I actually prefer Cotton Ease knit much tighter than the label states. Let me say that Matt is thrilled with it and was very pleased when he found out I was knitting it for him.

But... must finish these last 4 rows (ya, I'm blogging in the late afternoon... think I'm procrastinating??? I mean, 4 frickin' rows!). Hopefully I'll have finished photos of the cardigan up soon!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh the cables do pop dont they. Are there any other new colors they are releasing as well. Hazlenut sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.