Monday, March 03, 2008

March Monday Madness

Okay, so we're in March. My initial goal at the beginning of the year was to have my Level I package sent out for the Master Knitter's Program by March 1. Even with the extra day in February, it didn't happen. New due date is now the end of April.

However, I have finally buckled down and started working on it a lot more consistantly. I have my first 3 swatches knitted (still need to block and weave in ends). I haven't started answering questions yet, as most of the questions require multiple swatches done. So I'm going to go ahead and just do all the swatches then tackle the questions. I do have a rough draft on the blocking report, but I'm not happy with it. I need to get it a little more structured. I think I'll start with an outline to help keep me focused on what I want to cover. In my opinion, 2 pages on blocking doesn't seem like enough. Especially when I'm to cover all the different fibers. Hell, I think each fiber would require 2 pages.

So I'm obviously not just knitting swatches. I am working on a few other projects here and there. I started Beryl late last week. Of course I had the peplen done and realized that I hadn't read the directions. I should probably do that more often. It's amazing how often the directions have useful information. So I started over, and the peplen is done (again) and it looks much better. (FYI: I'm using the Cherry Red Cotton Ease. Oh ya, baby, it's red).

Oh, speaking of Cotton Ease, it looks like some new colors are coming out. I'm thrilled. It's good to see some new brights. While I like the new dusty colors, I missed the bright cheery colors of the first Cotton Ease. It is one of my favorite yarns. I know that Azalea will be added to my collection soon.

Okay, I've got a busy week ahead and we're off this morning to do some errands! I'll get some pics up one of these days. When I'm not feeling overly lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.