Friday, October 25, 2013

Whitfield Jacket Update

The Whitfield Jacket is getting close to completion. The body and sleeves are done, leaving just the pockets and collar to knit.

I know the finishing is going to take a bit (what's with my current obsession with pockets?), but I'm thinking this is going to be done fairly soon (goal: end of the month?)

There will be globs of yarn leftover. There are 6 pockets (well, 4 pockets and 2 flaps) and the collar to go, and I have a partial of every skein (and one complete skein I never wound).

I'm not sure I'm going to use the yarn for seaming. I think I'll pullout some Cascade 220 for the seams to make them a little less bulky.

Matt has already requested a matching hat (he loves the pattern stitch. Can't blame him. It's awesome). I'll have more than enough to do a hat (especially since I have one full skein not even wound).

The love knitting this pattern stitch. I'm a big fan of broken rib, and this is very similar. Having to constantly switch out my hand dyed yarn also kept me inspired. Oh ya, I'll be knitting myself Jackie!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.