Saturday, October 26, 2013

Appreciation is Key

This is why I knit for Matt. Quite simply, he appreciates my hand knits more than anyone else (that includes me). He's out doing some leaf work today and is sporting his very cunning Jayne hat (indication that it's a chilly day, 'cause, dang, that's a warm hat).

He wears the projects I make him. He treats them with respect and takes care of them. He tells everyone that I knit them.

This is the ultimate thanks a knitter can get. A project that sits in a closet not being used is a waste of good yarn and quality knitting time.

Granted I am doubly blessed. In the knitting world, size does matter. Matt's 37" chest and 5'5" height makes knitting for him not as daunting as for me (ya... so not a 37" chest).

In the 21 years I've been knitting, he's lost a total of one glove. Only one sweater had an accident (a small hole that I could fix if I had more of the yarn). That's a pretty impressive record.

So thanks honey for appreciating my hand knits. You deserve a new sweater.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for appreciative wearers of hand knits! :) maybe I need to start knitting for Matt...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.