Friday, January 13, 2012

Fix It Friday Week 2

Today's Fix It Friday is quite easy, but something I've been meaning to do for a while. That's my Flyingdales Cardigan. One of my warmest sweaters. It gets a lot of wear (it makes a lovely lightweight jacket). However... if you look closely you can see I made a head slapping mistake.

Yep... the button bands are reversed. Which would be fine for Matt, but this is obviously my sweater (tho' I do like it on him. He'll get one in his non-color range one of these days).

I also have to say that I don't love the buttons. Well, that's not quite true. I do love the buttons, but they're not working on this project. Not sure if I have something else, but I'm going to stash dig and see if I can find something I like a bit better. If not, these are going back on, as I don't want to be without this cardigan for any length of time.

Last week's Fix It project was a huge success. I added maybe 12" to Matt's multidirectional scarf and he's very happy.

Since I was asked in comments: yes, the multidirectional scarf is an easy project... unless you stripe it like I did. This adds a little difficulty, as the second triangles you have to reverse the color changes (and the color changes happen at the short row side, not on the edge). Not necessarily hard, but not simple either.The scarf looks so fabulous in self striping yarns, and that makes it a super easy, yet effective scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.