Tuesday, October 05, 2010

More on afghans

I admit I was going to do an actual knitting update today, as I do have a few knitting projects underway. However, the afghan phase is still in full effect.

Matt and I had a few errands to run, so I picked up a couple of skeins of yarn to do a mitered square afghan. I've been playing with the colors and this is what I've decided on:


Now all I have to do is figure out how to keep my squares "square" (my gauge relaxes as I go, so I really need to concentrate).

For some reason, my knitting has a bad case of startitis. I can't seem to stay focused on a single project. The afghan projects are getting much more attention (depending on where in the house I'm sitting).

Maybe the afghan phase is due to the dreary weather... or maybe the still fresh memories of last winter? Maybe I'm more into crochet right now (I like my sweaters knitted and my afghans crocheted). Or maybe it's not having to worry about fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.