Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Crochet Squared

I'm really digging the colors Matt helped me pick out for the mitered crochet throw. I've got the pattern down, but I am having some gauge issues:



My gauge relaxes as I go, so my squares aren't very square.

It has gotten better (my first two squares are unusable), but I have to really watch how loose I get, especially on the last two colors. I'm hoping that sewing the blocks together will help them square up. However, I'm avoiding weaving in ends, just in case I need to go back and rework these blocks (ya, has NOTHING to do with me procrastinating on the weaving in ends thing).

I'm actually debating if I should do the last color in a smaller hook just to help tighten up the last two rows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.