Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Year in Review Part III

Matt's Aspinwall sweater isn't quite done (collar and final finishing to go). Holiday prep has slowed me down a bit, but I still hope to get it done today. Meanwhile... here's 2 more projects from the year.

Charade Socks


Quick summery: not a sock knitter. never will be a sock knitter.

First impression: actually enjoyed knitting these. the yarn colors are lovely and I liked the pattern a lot.

Current impression: very happy with them, and they are the most worn hand knit socks I've made.

Final thoughts: Still haven't converted to being a sock knitter, tho.

Hey Cara Mia:


Quick summery: a long sleeve version of the Hey Teach in a fave yarn

First impressions: loved it! the Cara Mia yarn is soft and warm. I love the pattern and was happy with the long sleeves.

Current impression: love it! The lace and the drape make this a "go to" sweater, especially if I need a "dressier" sweater. It is warm, so I don't ususally wear it with the mock turtleneck as pictured.

Final thoughts: I love that pattern, love the yarn, love the sweater.

So I think we can say that so far, 2009 has been pretty successful as far as projects go... stay tuned to see if that continues...

2 comments:

  1. Nice socks! Enjoying the parade of productivity over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Hey Teach sweater, just beautiful. I knit socks occassionally but I can never knit pairs and pairs of them, only a few a year. I think you did rather well considering all the sweaters you have made this year too.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.