Wednesday, December 09, 2009

More Year in Review

ya, ya, I know... I wanted a new FO today too. I goofed on the collar and have to rip it back and re-do it. Give me an other day or two, and Aspinwall will be done.

Meanwhile... let's do two more projects from 2009:

Forest Canapy in October:


Quick Summery: a quick and simple shawl pattern combined with great fall colors.

Initial Impressions: was very pleased. The pattern was easy, I loved the colors and thought it was a great way for a non-sock knitter to use up some stashed sock yarn.

Current Impressions: not a shawl wearer. I try... but they just aren't "me". I do like knitting them and I do think it's a great use of my stashed sock yarn. Sure looks pretty dressing up my dress form tho' and that's good enough for me.

Final Thoughts: I'll keep knitting shawls. Probably will never wear them. I don't care.

Lateralis


Quick Summery: this was a self designed cardigan using the summer sampler packs from Elann. Top down, raglan shaping.

Initial Impressions: enjoyed the striping, didn't think I did a great job with the math (thought the neckline was too large). Thought some of the stripes were a little too wide (mainly due to yarn usage... didn't do a nice job balancing that).

Current Impressions: I wore this a lot over the summer. The neckline is a bit too big, but worn the right way, it works (a deep neck tank top under, and not buttoned all the way up). So ended up better than I initially thought.

Final Thoughts: Perfect example of how things work out, even if they don't work out the way that you think they're going to.

Okay... weather is krappy today and I have a sweater to finish. Good day to stay in, drink some (or a lot) of coffee and knit.

2 comments:

  1. ooo, pretty. I love the year in review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear shawls all the time. Put it on over a jean jacket with the point off center. A shawl pin is a must. Just pin it and forget it! Oh, and wear pants too.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.